Wednesday 16 February 2011

reduction reduced me to tears

A canny coot had nested on a semi-submerged boat on the cool green waters of the River Sorgue

Following our little chat about using the reduction method for lino printing in multiple colours i thought i'd share this from a couple of years ago. I am really fond of this print, it was one of the first i attempted (probably a bit ambitious in retrospect) it took me weeks to plan and cut. I think I started with about 20 on various different papers,  I ended up with just 2 that I was happy with :(. But I learnt a lot in the process - mainly to ditch the water based inks and forget the reduction method!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's beautiful, so subtle :) I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to try the reduction method of printing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I too vowed not to do another reduction after trying my first one. Have since done only one more reduction, this time with just two colours. Yours is lovely

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails