Tuesday 16 February 2010

Sea Urchin Lino Print ( in Green)

Now looking at the considerable number of birds that feature in my work it might appear that I am a bit of a twitcher but actually the sea and its contents are my greatest inspirations. I am no Jacques Cousteau but I find it very satisfying to dive down deeper than I am tall to reach some small glimmering mystery from the bottom of the sea. At depth green sea urchin skeletons look like great globes of verdigris-encrusted copper impaled on the dark purple spines of their children and their children’s children. The water is a deceptive lens though and they are always smaller in air than they appear in water.


This is my latest print, a 3-colour lino print in shades of green printed with oil-based but water-washable inks onto 280g Hahnemuehle Etching Paper. It will shortly be available to purchase through my Folksy Shop. Is now available click here!


3 comments:

  1. Hello!! Newbie to your blog, Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. new to your blog too :) I really love your prints and very impressed by them! I've only dabbled a little with prints at college so far but my lino definitely isn't up to scratch yet, finding the block printing inks come off extremely patchy looking no matter what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new too! I love these sea urchin prints, the colours are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails