Tuesday 2 February 2010

Faro Fishing Village, Gotland, Sweden

I think I will occasionally use this space a place to give a bit more background to some of my work. The print I use as my banner and its pair seem a good place to start. Gotland is a large island in the middle of the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Latvia, Faro is the smaller neighbour clinging to its northern tip. There is real beauty here. There are delightful country roads deep-lined with wild flowers, strange marshy plateaux where small succulents cluster on the bare pink rocks, long sandy strands and stark pebbly beaches guarded by towering limestone stacks. It was a bright sunny day when we visited but there was a real sense of the deep bleak desolation.
Special offer to my blog readers, buy both Faro prints together for £40.00 + £3.00 uk p&p (overseas buyers please contact me first for a shipping quote) and save £5.00 on the current list prices. Just purchase from my Folksy shop in the normal way, type 02faro into the message box and I will refund you the saving through Paypal when your payment has been confirmed.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails