Sunday 15 September 2013

Up through the trees

Available here 
and here 
My latest print was inspired by a trip to Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast earlier this year. We had rented an RV and worked our way around several of BCs Provincial Parks. For anyone used to the UK's slightly cheek-by-jowl approach to camping and caravanning this was an eye-opener: enormous drive-in plots (complete with fire pits) screened from the nearest neighbours by enormous cedars and Douglas Firs and a lush understorey of saplings, trilliums and ferns. 

This piece started out as a sketch for #drawingaugust on twitter

but I quite liked the concept and adapted it for lino cutting.



 and many tiny leaf cuts later...



PS If you do follow me on twitter please note that I have locked myself out of my original account and am now tweeting from @a_deeganprints please do follow me (again!). Thank you :-)

@adeegan is now back in action please do follow, thank you :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails